Are you one of those people who spend a considerate amount of time tossing and turning in bed every night, even if you’re extremely worn-out and would want nothing more than to swiftly fall into an unobstructed slumber? If the answer is a ‘Yes’ then I have news for you. You need to change your nightly ritual. By nightly ritual I mean, the things you do before you decide it’s time to fall asleep.
Your sleep should be an important concern for you because getting the right or wrong amount of sleep can determine how your overall outlook on life is going to be stimulated.
There are many things to take into consideration when you’re about to hit the bed, some of them are described below:
- Loose & Comfortable Pajamas This is one of the most important factors contributing to a good night’s sleep. If you’re not wearing anything loose and comfortable, you will not be able to fall asleep as peacefully as you would like. Bedtime is a time where you need to be relaxed and clothing plays a vital role in getting you there. It also means you shouldn’t wear a bra or any other underwear to bed as it defeats the entire concept of loose. So, avoid clothing that makes your skin itchy or irritating, and pick the one that makes you feel comfortable.
2. Remove Makeup: Being a beauty conscious lady in this world ultimately means you apply a good amount of makeup during the day. And sometimes you’re in so much hurry or exhausted from your day that you often forget or rather ignore to remove the makeup. Having a bedtime ritual where you’re bound to remove your makeup can be a beneficial thing for you and your skin. Besides, who does not love the feel after removing the dirt and contents of the entire day? If you moisturize your skin after cleansing, then be ready for the most comforting slumber ever.
3. Set a Bedtime: We all know the importance of time management in our day to day life. This is why you should always sleep at the same time. It will require some time of its own, but once you set a routine, you will fall asleep at the same time like clockwork on your mattress for sofa by amerisleep.com, since your brain will send you signals that it’s time for bed. And ultimately, you will not have to worry about issues caused by insufficient sleep.
4. Clean Bed & Nightwear: I’d like to think it is a scientifically proven fact and not just OCD that some women love to clean their bed before bedtime. It is a great activity, in my opinion, having a clean bed and nightwear, may not actually help you fall asleep, but it can make you feel relaxed and comfortable which is just as good a thing. At the end of the day, personal comfort wins when selecting the right nightwear for you, whether that means a silk rope, cotton pyjamas, a stretchy shirt, or nothing at all
5. Comfortable Bed & Sleeping posture: You must recognise your most comfortable position and sleep environment by exploring how you lie most comfortably in your bed. But everything aside. If your bed is not comfortable, then that’s where our biggest problem lies. Finding a bed suitable and comfortable for your body is nothing short of a headache. But once you find the best bed, you need to find its soul-mate, meaning, the Mattress. Together, they complete your fantasy of peaceful bed resulting in the reality of peaceful sleep.
6. Take a hot bath: If you don’t think hot baths can fix everything, you need to reevaluate your whole life. There is no way a hot bath with fancy oils can ever go wrong. It has a number of health & beauty benefits like it soothes your whole body as your muscles relax and it makes you smell like a goddess. Also, it helps you sleep peacefully after a long hectic day. Don’t forget to get a hot bath before bed tonight.
7. Cover Ears & Eyes: This will prevent the outside light and noise if you don’t live alone or living with some noisy neighbourhood. You should keep the bedroom quiet and dark at night. If you have to get up in the night, use a night light rather than turning on the roof lights. Covering eyes and ears may not be the best alternative for everyone but it definitely helps achieve the calm your mind requires.
8. Wear Socks: Sometimes being unable to sleep may also mean your body temperature is cold or you’re having cold feet (literally). Which is why wearing socks to bed can help in many ways. It reduces your body temperature and calms the severity of the cold. You must avoid wearing a thick pair of socks as they might turn your body temperature too hot.
After doing all your nightly rituals, you must take one thing into consideration, that you should never indulge in arguments right before bedtime. You will lose your focus and become restless, which automatically results in sleeplessness. Which is why you must sleep with a clear mind. Getting your required beauty sleep is one of the most important factors for young girls, a good slumber may not seem that important, but it is basically the embodiment of a healthy body and a sound mind.