Nothing’s worse than planning every single detail for the perfect Quinceañera, only to find that the look your makeup artist gave you isn’t exactly what you had in mind. A makeup job you don’t like can not only make you look weird, but it can make you feel totally uncomfortable for the rest of the day and potentially ruin your quince celebration. In order to avoid that, it is important to know exactly what look you want (preferably one you are comfortable with), and to communicate that to your makeup artist. Not sure what look is best for you? Take our quiz below to help you figure it out!
1. Your Quince dress most closely matches the following:
- a. A simple, white gown… nothing too fancy.
- b. A kitschy quince dress that is just as cute and unique as you are.
- c. An elegant pink gown that accentuates your regal neck.
2. You personalize your style by:
- a. Always looking put together.
- b. Being daring and different with your look
- c. Adding dazzling accessories.
3. Your favorite ice cream flavor is:
- a. Vanilla
- b. Wild & Reckless Sorbet
- c. Strawberry swirl
4. When you have a crush on a guy, you usually:
- a. Pray to God that he bumps into you in the hall.
- b. Approach him directly and ask him out as soon as you notice him.
- c. Send ‘hints’ that you are interested such as smiling at him shyly… and you wait for him to approach.
- a. Your favorite comfy jeans, sneakers and t-shirt … whatever you feel most comfortable in.
- b. The latest designer jeans, a fashionable halter or tank top, and a killer pair of heels.
- c. Skinny jeans and a cute blouse paired with ballet flats.
6. When someone asks you to sing karaoke you:
- a. Turn beet-red and shake your head “no” emphatically.
- b. What do you mean asks?! I’m the first one at the mic showing off my nearly-perfected renditions of Amy Winehouse tunes.
- c. Agree to sing only if your best friend does it before you.
7. Which of the following celebrities do you most identify with:
- a. America Ferrera
- b. Pink
- c. Scarlett Johansson
What your answers mean:
Natural Makeup Look
If you chose mostly a’s: You are the girl-next-door type. You prefer to stay away from the spotlight, and stick with things you feel most comfortable with. Your Quinceañera makeup look should be on the natural side. Ask your makeup artist and/or stylist to stick with neutral, earthy tones that enhance your naturally beautiful features and won’t erase them, and with clear or light colored lip glosses.
If you chose mostly b’s: You are a daring diva. You are usually the life of the party and you like to make sure you always look the part as well. Your Quinceañera makeup look should be on the dramatic side to match your dress and personality. Ask your makeup artist to feel free and experiment with the latest trends in makeup, such as shimmery eye shadow and bold lipstick colors.
If you chose mostly c’s: You are a classic beauty. Although you prefer things on the simple/natural side, you don’t mind experimenting with current trends once in a while. Your makeup look should be classic. Ask your makeup artist/stylist to stick with neutral tones that enhance your features, but to pair that look with a “bold but classic” lipstick color such as deep reds, browns, and earthy pinks.
Whatever your style, the basic rules with makeup applications for your quince are:
- A great makeup job begins with a great canvas. To ensure that your face and skin are in their best shape for a makeup application, be sure to eat well, wash your face daily, get plenty of rest and exercise, and follow the beauty tips found in other articles on ecquinceanera.wpengine.com.
- Don’t wear too much or too heavy makeup. Remember that the trick is for your best features to be enhanced, not reshaped or contoured.
- Always have the makeup person perform a test application before your Quinceañera to make sure that you like his/her work.