Glow like a star and protect your skin with Los Angeles most on demand aesthetician and L’Oreal’s brand ambassador 101 tricks for healthier skin.
Don’t get twisted, these aren’t just any skin care advice you search for on the Internet. Not that there is something wrong about it, but there is nothing better than listening to those who know it all!
Skincare expert and esthetician, Vanessa Hernandez, who has worked with some of the most famous faces in Hollywood and is now L’Oreal’s brand ambassador, breaks it all down with Quinceanera.com. What’s the basic cleaning process? When to start protecting your skin? Most common mistakes teenagers do? What’s the real difference between a moisturizer and a serum? And much more!
Young, passionate and with a special talent, healing. That’s how Vanessa likes to refer to her skin care expertise. Literally. She is one of those lucky women who discovered her dream career at the early age of 22, after been mentored by NYC skin guru Dangene Enterprise. Vanessa learned exactly how to make her clients feel beautiful inside and out, combining cutting-edge technology with her natural healing techniques. End result: flawlessness!
(Want to know how? Keep reading!)
“The first thing we notice about women is our skin – smooth, soft, but more importantly, is it healthy?” Vanessa noted. She continue ensuring that in order to prevent wrinkles, black spots, sun marks, etc., we need to act NOW! Yeap… as “now” she meant, at the early age of 15.
- Do exfoliate at least three to four times a week. Even though it might irritate your skin, using an exfoliation scrub gently will remove old dead skin.
Now, “is not all about exfoliation,” Vanessa says. There are plenty of ways to hydrate your skin, which bring us to our 2nd “Do”.
- DO use a serum or a moisturizer to help you combat multiple skin concerns down the road.
You are never too young to use a serum. As oppose to a moisturizer, the serum is formulated with smaller cells; therefore, it penetrates a lot deeper into the pores while a moisturizer just sits on top. (Find one appropriate for your age!)
- DO exfoliate to get rid of blackheads. It will help you get rid of dead skin pile up on the skin pores causing blackheads and pimples.
The most important “Do”
- DO, and we say it out loud: DO use 15 to 20 SPF protection, minimum, at ALL times.
“Women love to tan, and we all know why. However, we must know that the sun is our skin’s biggest and its consequences will be reflected in years to come,” Vanessa says. “Right now, it’s all about prevention.”
This passionate skin care guru also mentioned one of the biggest teenager’s nightmares, acne. This bring us to our very first:
- DON’T overuse creams to prevent acne, just clean your face in the mornings and nights and keep your face lotion-free.
- DON’T use anti-aging products. You are never too young to protect and nourish the skin, but with a moisturizer that contains SPF protection is a great start.
- DON’T go to bed without washing your face. Even if you’re not wearing makeup, it is important to refresh your skin.
Vanessa Hernandez certainly ended the interview on a high note by sharing the most basic, but very helpful skincare routine (made especially for those who struggle with time).
Morning and night routine:
- Cleanser: As the first step in all skin-care routines, this soapy ritual gently clarifies pores and removes impurities.
- Exfoliate: this process is necessary to remove dirt and dead skin and to speed up cell turnover and regeneration.
- Apply serum to hydrate and to make your skin appear more radiant.
Tip: use a different serum for the day and a night moisturizer.
Vanessa Hernandez is proud to be L’Oreal’s brand ambassador and together “fight to raise awareness and educate women about the importance of skin care to help prevent chronic diseases”. We are sure we’ll follow her tips and make sure you do too!!