Everyone knows that the famous Quinceañera celebrations can burn a hole in your pocket, but what can you do? Most young Latinas dream about that special day when they’ll get to be a princess and celebrate in the company of their friends, family and loved ones.
The most difficult part of organizing a memorable party is handling costs, which is why it is a good idea to begin financial planning months or even years before the party is set to take place. The good news is that there are several alternatives to having an unforgettable Quinceañera without having it cost you an arm and a leg.
Five Great Ideas for a Simple and Fabulous Party
1. Be unique. Take advantage of the supply and demand rule. Popular seasons, times, and places to celebrate a Quinceañera can drain any budget. You will save a lot of money if you celebrate your party on a Friday or Sunday, since most girls choose Saturday to follow the tradition. You don’t have to follow the crowd. Go out and ask how much it costs to rent a place on these days and you will know what we are talking about.
2. Be creative. They say that time is money, but that’s not always the case. If you spend some time planning your Quince, you can save hundreds of dollars. Search the internet to find tips on how to create your own invitations and table decorations. Another way you can save some cash is to buy flowers at an online wholesale store and build your own bouquets. If flowers aren’t what you’re looking for, you can search for ornamental glass recipients at your local antique shop and fill them with flower petals, seashells, or floating candles that fit your party’s theme.
3. Take time to bring out your beauty. You will save a lot of money if you avoid doing this at the last minute. For example, if you want a nicer and whiter smile, begin by using inexpensive whitening kits and products two months prior to your party instead of a last-minute treatment that will cost you a fortune. A few months before the big day, consult a makeup specialist to get some tips on how to do your makeup the day of your Quince. Then, keep an eye out for special sales in department stores so you can buy everything you need for your makeup.
4. Become a DJ. Something that can never be left out of a party is music. Though one of your godparents will cover this, it would be terrible if for any reason you can’t have this important element at your party. This is when technology comes in handy and saves you a great amount of money. If you own or can borrow an MP3 player, you’re set! Download the best and most popular tunes, including the songs you will dance to with your chambelanes, rent a pair of speakers at a party supply store and voila!
I know… you will be too busy to download a track list. You can ask your favorite cousin or one of your friends who knows how to use these gadgets to take care of the music for you. Just ask them not to mess up and pay attention to the song they’re playing; you wouldn’t want to have the father/daughter dance to reggaeton or a rumba.
5. Search for online sales. Anything you find at a store, you can buy online, sometimes at a better price. Many companies offer online discounts, you just have to look for them. Type in the name of the store in a search engine and search away!
See? You can have a great party without spending your life savings.