Mexican antojitos are popular Mexican snacks usually sold by street vendors. Antojitos in English translates to little carvings that usually lead up to the main course of food.
Below you will find three delicious antojitos that are sure to satisfy your cravings. The antojitos mentioned below are Flaming Hot Cheeto Cheesy Elote, Mangonada, and delicious sopes.
Flaming Hot Cheeto Cheesy Elote
4 Cups flaming Hot Cheetos cheese curls
4 ears corn, shucked
¼ cup mayo
⅓ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
- Grind Hot Cheetos into small crumbs and place them on a plate or bowl.
- Place corn on a hot grill and cook until kernels are tender.
- Place the cooked corn in the bowl and coat it with mayo and sour cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the Cheeto crumbs and completely cover the elote.
- Put your elote on your serving plate and drizzle mayo and sour cream to the top.
1 12oz bag of frozen mango chunks
1 Tirolo tamarind straws
1 Chamoy Sauce
1 Tajin seasoning
3 cups of frozen ice
1 Mango flavored smoothie
- Place 3 cups of ice in the blender until there are no longer big chunks of ice.
- Add and blend frozen mango chunks, fresh lime, and a bottle of a mango-flavored smoothie of choice.
- Drizzle chamoy sauce around the inside of a cup and then fill with the mangonada drink.
- Season with Tajin and diced mango.
- Insert straw and enjoy!
1 ½ Cup of cooked beef or chicken
2 cups of lettuce
⅓ cups radishes
½ cup tomato
¼ cup white onion
1 cup refried beans
1 salsa of your choice
1 ½ masa
4 tbsp vegetable oil
½ Mexican Cheese
1 ¼ cup water
- Add meat of choice into a hot frying pan
- Bring out a separate frying pan and add vegetable oil and heat. Place the sope tortilla into the pan and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Assemble the sope by adding refried beans and meat to the middle of the sope.
- Lastly, add the rest of your toppings including the lettuce, radish, avocado, tomato, white onion, and Mexican Cheese.