Many quinceaneras choose to have hair extensions applied to their heads before their special event to give them long flowing locks.
If you plan on getting hair extensions for your quince, check out these 5 things you need to know before you go in for your appointment:
- There Are Different Types of Hair Extensions – There are all kinds of methods of applying hair extensions including weaving, bonding, taping and micro-linking. Keep in mind that you’l want to discuss the options offered by your stylist before you make your appointment.
- The Longer The Extensions, The More It Will Cost – Working with longer hair is a tad bit more difficult even for experienced stylists, so expect to pay more for super long locks.
- It Will Be Quite Uncomfortable – If done correctly and unless you have a super tough scalp, the installation of your hair extensions will hurt a little. The stylist will most likely be tugging and pulling at your hair for a few hours, so don’t be surprised when you have a slightly sore head afterwards.
- Buy Your Own Hair To Keep The Cost Down – Most stylists prefer that their clients provide the hair for them to install in order to avoid having to wait for the hair to be shipped to the salon. If the stylist will be providing the hair, you’ll probably need multiple appointments to get the color just right and will be paying a whole lot more as well.
- Proper Care Matters – To ensure your new hair extensions look their best for the longest time possible, you’ll want to properly care for them. It’s recommended you use quality shampoos and conditioners on your hair and only wash them every few days. Also, avoid using brushes and instead use a wide-tooth comb to gently rid the extensions of any tangles.