Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, and if you have a ‘special someone’, then it’s just about time to start planning your Valentine’s Day gift! A gift is always more meaningful when it’s personalized and made with your own hands, so why not spend an hour in the kitchen to
make your guy a delicious dessert from scratch! So grab your apron and get started on one of these two super simple and unique recipes. No
Heart-Shaped Fruit Kabobs
Popsicle or kabob sticks
1/2 Small Watermelon
1″ or 2″ Heart-Shaped Metal Cookie Cutter
1. Wash and dry the watermelon and cucumbers. (No need to peel the cucumber!)
2. Slice the fruit into one inch slices.
3. Lay the slices on a cutting tray or flat surface and use the cookie cutter to cut heart
shapes from the fruit.
4. Slide the fruit onto the sticks.
5. You can serve the kabobs on their own or squeeze some lemon juice and Tapatio or Tajin
seasoning if desired!
If your special someone has a sweet tooth, try this ‘cupcake’ recipe! You can get as festive as you like with the toppings! It’s not a low-fat treat, but we all deserve a cheat meal once in a while!
Rice Crispies Cupcakes
6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal (regular or gluten-free)
10 ounce bag of marshmallows
3 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Red Food Coloring
Icing of your choice (Strawberry or vanilla look best!)
Festive Valentine’s Day sprinkles, gummy heart-shaped candies or any other toppings!
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan using low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows, vanilla extract, and a few drops of the red food coloring until you
get your desired ‘pink’ color. Stir until mixture is completely melted.
3. Add in the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix until well coated.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scoop the mixture and press into the cupcake tray, leaving the
tops slightly rounded.
5. Top with icing and festive decor of your choice!
6. Allow to cool. Then serve and enjoy!