The season is changing, long gone are the lazy days of winter and being comfy in your onesies. Everyone is ready to welcome summer and with that comes the goal to achieve the perfect summer body. You’re looking forward to shedding the weight which you gained over the festivities that winters brought. However, did you know that there is a lot to take into consideration when you are about to start your weight loss journey?
As much as you love a perfectly shaped body, you want to find a quicker way which helps you losing the extra pounds you’ve gained over the time but you need to be patient with yourself. According to the research which was conducted at the University of Chicago, the weight-loss results were greater from sleeping eight and a half hours per night compared to only five and a half hours per night. As it turns out, you need to get a good night’s sleep to get slimmer. Shocked? There’s more to tell!
Living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t just mean eating healthy foods and working out, it also requires you to get your body the much-needed rest. No matter how much you love your cozy bed, you often find it difficult to get the proper sleep that you need in order to stay healthy due to everyday life’s responsibilities.
Living in this modern era can be a challenge in itself, you have work and other responsibilities thrown in your way because the world doesn’t stop even for a minute and you have to be up to speed with it. This often results in the lack of sleep which is the root of many body problems you encounter.
Here are some ways you can get Slimmer, Happier and Healthier by getting the required amount of sleep.
- Sleep deprivation causes weight gain: Studies show that if your body does not get the right amount of sleep, you will end up gaining weight. If you get proper sleep, then you would be avoiding a number of physical concerns including weight gain.
- Burn Calories with the right amount of sleep: Get in your bed and sleep on appropriate time because that’s what helps you burning calories apart from working out. I know it sounds ludicrous, how on earth can sleeping burn calories? But it’s a fact that your body actually burns calories even when you’re soundly tucked in your bed.
- Sleep Boosts Metabolism: We all know that a person with high metabolic rate is slimmer than a person with a low metabolism. Giving your body the proper sleep helps increasing your metabolic rate to a greater level which means it promotes weight loss.
- Increases focus: Did you ever make a bad decision like eating a whole cheesecake only to regret later on? Maybe you were sleep deprived and lost your focus. If your body is well-rested, it would never lose its prime focus especially when you’re on a diet and want to look your best.
- Decreases Stress and Anxiety: These two are your mortal enemies when it comes to health. When you are stressed or having an anxiety attack you do not care about anything or you care way too much that you start losing everything. Getting a proper sleep on your comfy bed can be a great way to relieve stress and anxiety. On the plus side, it also helps losing your belly fat.
- Fewer dark circles, healthier skin: Everyone knows the lack of sleep causes those dark patches around your eyes which give you a melancholy look even if you’re not actually sad or sick. Getting a proper sleep automatically removes those dark circles and makes your skin look healthier.
- Glowing Skin: Every woman dreams of a perfect glowing skin. The secret is pretty simple, a good night’s sleep is the key! You can do a little experiment where you can compare your well-slept face with your tired face, you will see the difference yourself.
- Increases Energy: Would you be able to start the day or hit the gym if you’re too tired to get out of bed? I think not. Getting proper sleep is of monumental importance in order to get on with your daily routine. A well-rested person is more energized throughout the day compared to someone who is extremely fatigued.
- Beauty Sleep: You have often heard this term but did you know how it actually stands true? Your blood flow increases when you’re asleep and that has a massive effect on your body. In this way, your skin, hair and overall mental health is affected when you close your eyes. Hence, it is also the reason to get your much-needed beauty sleep.
You can’t deny the fact that you actually love your bed especially when you’ve got the best bed in a box from Amerisleep.com. After all, that’s where you crash and pass out after a long and hectic day which welcomes you with its cozy mattress and pillows and that just about fixes everything. It doesn’t just fix things because you shut your eyes and forget the world, it actually works a long way to make your body healthier.