Spray tanning. Some might think of that perfect sun kissed glow, while others think of that scary Oompa Loompa Orange.
If you have never got a spray tan before than you are probably thinking of that second one. Trust me, it is not as scary as it looks and sounds.
Girls with darker complexion might think that they shouldn’t get spray tans because they are already tanned. That is not always true. If you have darker skin but want that perfect airbrushed glow, spray tanning will do it. All you need to do is make sure you get the perfect color for you.
There is a difference in getting a glow and wanting to be a shade tanner. With a glow you have to get a clear spray tan in light, medium, or dark depending on your skin tone. A clear spray tan is not as pigmented and strong, which is perfect to get that sun kissed glow you’ve always wanted. Although, if you want to become a shade tanner with that perfect glow, get a bronze spray tan. A bronze spray tan is very pigmented and strong, unlike the clear tan. When picking a bronze tan, always pick according to your color and how tan you want to be. Unfortunately, bronze tans can give you that orange look when choosing the wrong color. If the right color chosen, you will get that beautiful golden brown look.
Before going into your first spray tan, here are some tips to know:
- Always shower and exfoliate the day before tanning. If you are going to shave, you always want to do that before.
- Refrain from using moisturizers, perfumes, lotions, oils or deodorants that may create a barrier on the skin.
- Try to go into your session bringing loose clothing for after so you will not get any creases or smudges.
- When coming out of a fresh tan don’t worry if you do not see a difference right away. It does take a few hours to darken and a full 24 hours for the color to fully peak.
- It is recommended to wait four hours before taking a shower but the longer you wait the better your tan will look. Your sunless tan can last up to 7 days depending on the condition of your skin and the formula you choose.
- Before getting your tan do a little research on where you want to get it done. You can either do a spray tanning booth, have a professional do it for you, or you can even do it yourself with mousse or spray. Pick whatever is perfect for you and your skin.
Now that you have been given all the tips and tricks of tanning, you are on your way to that flawless tanned look.
Main picture by RyanAir.