More than just a pretty face, Marilyn Monroe also left us a few inspirational quotes for teens that we want to make sure you keep in mind!
Being a pre-teen/teen is hard. But being a pre-teen/teen GIRL is even harder, might I add! The media, which includes books, movies, and the girl-next-door image, seems to always challenge our perspective of ourselves, and our definitions of what beauty means – or at least what we think it means.
If we only try to please others, then we wouldn’t be setting good examples for our sisters and friends-our fellow girls in all this!
Considered one of the most beautiful women of all time, Marilyn Monroe has some words to say about girls having their own sense of beauty, strength and independence.
Here are some inspirational quotes from Marilyn Monroe to keep you in the right!
According to Marilyn Monroe, imperfection is beauty.
- “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
- “We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.”
Stick with the friends who can handle the beauty in your imperfections and admire it.
- “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
There are no limits in this world.
- “I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it.”
- “Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”
Find what motivates you and strive for it.
- “I don’t want to make money; I just want to be wonderful.”
- “We should all start to live before we get too old.”