Many people feel intimidated by a camera and think that they are not very photogenic. However, if you wish to immortalize your Quinceañera celebration, you will have to convince yourself that you will look great in pictures and on film, from any angle.
Nervousness is a natural reaction to those who are not used to the presence of a camera. We advise you to practice in front of a mirror, with a family member, or your friends, so they can tell you which is your best angle and posture.
Take note of the following tips given by experts:
- First, seek professional advice, since they can tell you how to pose and can photograph your best angle.
- Before the party, eat well and drink natural juice or water. For radiant skin you must keep yourself hydrated and eat well.
- Have a stylist do your makeup and hair. Professional makeup corrects the skin’s imperfections and emphasizes your best features. It is important that you have a manicure, since hands say a lot about a person.
- Begin your photo session when you are completely prepared.
- Ask your mom or one of your maids to keep lip gloss and blush on hand to retouch when necessary.
- Inhale and exhale deeply. Repeat this exercise until your muscles relax. Then slightly smile so you can look natural.
- Keep your chin raised and your shoulders back and slightly loose, just like a professional model. You can also put your hand below your chin, as if your head were resting on your hand. For a natural pose, the trick is not to brace your hand.
- Practice different poses like sitting on the stairs and showing the tip of your shoes or walking down the stairs. This will come in handy the day of the celebration.
- Search fashion and bridal magazines and try to imitate some of the models’ poses.
- Lastly, relax and don’t hold your breath while you are being photographed; always smile, especially when cameras are around you.
Don’t forget that the most important thing during your photo and video session is to look natural, no exaggerated or forced postures, and to enjoy your day because your Quinceañera is only celebrated once in your lifetime!