Of course you’re no event planner, but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan a fun and fabulous quinceanera by yourself.
If you do decide to take on the party planning instead of hiring a professional, try to avoid these 10 mistakes quinceaneras often make:
- Not Setting a Budget – The first thing you need to do is determine how much money you will be able to spend for each aspect of your quince.
- Not Ordering Enough Food – No party guest should ever go home hungry!
- Not Sticking With Just One Theme – Having more than one specific theme can look cluttered and get confusing.
- Sending the Invitations Too Late – Traditionally, invitations should be sent out 6-8 weeks before your party to give guests plenty of time to plan to attend.
- Not Giving Your Guests Enough Information – Don’t forget to include addresses, contact numbers and dates on your invitations.
- Not Requesting RSVPs – Having an exact guest list can allow you to better plan the amount of food and drink you will need.
- Not Having the Right Audio Equipment – The music and the announcements are the biggest parts of the evening, so make sure you have the proper equipment before your party starts.
- Booking a Venue That Is Too Small or Too Big – If your venue is too small it could feel cramped, but if it’s too big, it could feel empty and impersonal.
- Not Making a Plan B,C, and D – To ensure you’re party goes smoothly, you need to make some backup plans just in case your initial plan falls through.
- Not Asking For Help – Your family members, sponsors and friends don’t expect for you to plan your whole celebration all by yourself, so don’t hesitate to ask them for help when you need it.