The hairstyle of your dreams will be the last piece of the puzzle to complete your look on your big day. But just because you left it for last doesn’t mean it’s not as important. Any hair disasters can greatly impact your photos and mood so planning ahead should be a top priority. To prepare you for your hair appointment and avoid any last minute shocks, we’ve prepared a list so your hairstylist knows exactly what your heart desires!
Before you even step into the hair salon, you must read these dos & don’ts first:
- Hair maintenance one week before your hair and makeup appointment: This includes trimming, color, perms, and any other radical transformations. Avoid any last minute surprises by knowing the final result before your big day.
- Do not wash your hair on the day of your Quince. Do it the day before and don’t use conditioner. In addition, avoid silkening products that weigh your hair down, making it slippery for your hairstylist to work with. Remember, you want your hairstyle to stay in place for as long as possible.
- Know what you envision: Describing your hairstylist exactly what you envision is difficult without images. Search for pictures and save them onto your phone or print them out. If you don’t have access to an electronic device, clip the pictures from a magazine. In addition, bring pictures of your dress and accessories so your hairstylist can easily make suggestions. Make sure to choose a hairstyle that shows off your unique beauty and personality.
- Plan Ahead: If you want longer hair for your Quince, keep scheduling regular cuts and let your hair grow. You wouldn’t want to realize that you need longer hair to achieve the perfect hairstyle the same week of your celebration. Also, pay attention to hair care beforehand so it’s shiny and healthy for the big day. Keep in mind that having very long or unlayered hair is much more difficult to manage and style. Consult with your hairstylist months before to plan accordingly.
- Hair Trials: Schedule an appointment with your hairstylist a few weeks prior to your Quince for a hair trial. That way, your hair appointment on the day of your Quince will be much quicker and smoother. There’s nothing better than knowing what your hairstyle will look like beforehand!
You can find professional Quinceanera hairstylists by downloading our Quinceanera.com App available in the App Store for Android and iPhones. Check it out!