These tips will help protect your skin and keep it healthy and fresh.
Although the end of this summer season is near, it is during these last days where we are most exposed to the sunlight since the Earth is in fact closer to the sun. Hence, here are some tips to protect your skin from the sun to avoid early aging or skin dehydration this summer:
1. Take Vitamin C. Most sunscreens produce free radicals which cause damage to your skin such as early aging. A good dose of vitamin C can help prevent that.
2. Drink antioxidants. Green tea’s resveratrol can also help protect your skin from the free radical damage, try to drink a cup of these infusions every once in a while.
3. Stay away from the sun! Even if you would like to get tan, protect your skin and look for the shade, especially when going to the beach, the mountains or even if you plan to be outdoors for a couple of hours. The most intense set of sunlight goes from 10am until 4pm. Keep in mind these rays filter even through windows and closed spaces. You must apply sunscreen as soon as you leave your house.
4. Add a few layers. Most people apply only a third or half the sunscreen than what they supposed to apply in order to fully protect their skin. We recommend applying two layers of sunscreen evenly all over your skin to protect every inch there is from the sun.
Are there any waterproof sunscreens? Of course there are, not only waterproof but sweat proof. The label should say it, it usually specifies a waiting time between 40 to 80 minutes before swimming or sweating. This waiting time is to let your skin absorbed it and allow for it to work.
5. Avoid skin spots. Do this by not exposing yourself to the sun just after applying perfume, deodorant with alcohol and prevent it by consuming lots of vitamin E.
Did you know that 70% of skin damage happens before turning 18? Keep these tips in mind and protect your skin from the sun, whether you do it with sunglasses, hats or caps.