Celebrating your 15th birthday according to your customs and traditions can become the most special and unforgettable day of your life. You could easily adapt your Quinceañera to fit your personality, budget and style but if you want to stay true to the tradition pay close attention to the next text.
These are the essential elements that must be present to celebrate a Quinceañera:
Keep in mind that these elements may vary according to culture, traditions, and budget.
Quinceañera Invitations, whether they’re printed or online, this sets the mood, theme and announcement of your special day.
Religious Ceremony where the Quinceañera is blessed. The young lady’s faith will increase and therefore she will have to take more responsibilities and be committed within her church and community.
Reception, includes the presentation of the Quinceañera, the waltz, the toast and surprise dance. This is where choosing a theme or colors come into consideration.
Dinner and Entertainment, For dinner you could select a buffet or you can also have waiters serve your guests at the banquet. The entertainment can be deliver by a live band, a DJ or both.
Quinceañera Dress,is one of the most time-consuming elements, but the ultimate favor part of the whole Quince planning process.
Transportation, You could rent a limousine or use the family’s best car.
Damas and Chambelanes, although a tradition, nowadays some Quinceañeras opt to go solo or choose variations from the typical court formed by seven couples (14 total) where each person represents one year.
Shoes and Accessories, are details that will complement your dress., colors and styles should match the dress, sometimes borrowed or gifted by a dear family member.
- Tiara.- “Princess” before God and the world
- Cross or medal.- Indicates her faith in God
- Earrings and ring.- They are generally given by the god-parents and represent a circle of infinite love and a reminder to listen to the word of God
- Change of shoes.- Indicates that the young lady is ready to take a new role in society
- The last doll.– Symbolizes the end of childhood. She gives her doll to a younger girl.
- Flower Bouquet.- She will receive it as an exchange for the doll; it will be placed on the altar as an offering.
- Bible.- A way to show that the Quinceañera will listen to the word of the Lord.
Featured image is property of AVM Photo Boutique.